Check out this illustration and goods on RedBubble HERE ! Thanks!
Hi everyone and welcome back to Timelapse Tuesday! Today’s subject is near and dear to my heart, my first original character from over 15 years ago (oh goodness, I’m old…): Lita Cinod! She’s one of my protagonists in my webcomic Nightmare’s Tragedies and she’ll be appearing in the next chapter! I wanted to practice and finish at least one marker illustration of my comic this month, so I focused on her. This ended up being my Throwback Thursday post over at my Instagram (@delicate.sketches):
I started with a fairly detailed but light drawn sketch and layered the colors with markers first to get the figure worked out first. I start with the violets and blues to get an idea of the light values and build them up with the midtones and darker colors. Her outfit is based on several Gothic-Lolita dresses that I redesigned to add some gold detailing. I knew I wanted to add a background, so I picked it up the next morning and researched old gardens on Pinterest to find the best one for the mood to work on it in watercolors.
This is the first piece I finished using my brand new Pentel Arts DuoPoint Flex Brush pen. I’ve been experimenting with lighter linework but my usual Pentel Pocket Brush was far too flexible to consistently get thin lines. The DuoPoint’s brush tips are far stiffer but they’re not waterproof (learned that during this work!). Overall, I would recommend it, but only as a finishing details pen, after all the wet media is dry.
- Prismacolor Colerase Pencil in Violet
- COPIC CIAO and Sketch Markers in: B29, B32, B39, G00, G17, YG03, V09, V12, RV11
- Blick Studio markers in: Caramel, Very Berry
- Letraset Promarker in Satin
- Pentel Arts Duopoint Flex brush pen
- Sakura Gelly Roll 08 in White
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Watercolor Travel Set
- Uniball Gel Impact 1.0 in Gold
- Canson XL Mixed Media Sketchbook
- Sakura Koi Mini Waterbrushes in Fine & Medium
- Prima Waterbrush in Flat
Support the artist!
If you like and want to support my work: check out my