I finished Inktober 2016!
I’m so happy I managed to finish 29 out of 31 art pieces this year! I was originally going to go for weekly posts, but my beau convinced me to give daily posting a chance. Honestly, it was the best decision I could’ve made since it gave me the motivation to:
- post every possible day and hold myself accountable even on bad days (and there were a few of those),
- work on something not Nightmare’s Tragedies related as I worked on the pages during the day,
- learn more about hashtags and social presence,
Overall, I managed to try more mediums, grow my profile and get to interact directly with people! I’m a very reserved person offline so it’s been a tug-of-war with my emotions and sometimes just working on Inktober gave me a reason to micro-blog. Artwise, it was interesting to move from just line work, to tonal work with ink washes and acrylic ink, to finally color work in markers and watercolors. It also gave me a chance to try different papers.
I’ll keep on posting daily on Instagram and weekly here, with weekly illustrations, WIPs, timelapses and more long-form blogs.
My list of materials for this entire journey is as follows:
- Pentel Brush pen
- Sakura Pigma pens
- Sakura Gelly Roll pen
- PH Martin White India Ink
- Daler Rowney Acrylic Ink in Sepia
- ProArt India Ink
- Markers: COPIC, Chartpak, Blick Studio and Letraset
- Kuretake Gansai Tambi (12 pan set)
- Sakura Koi Watercolor paint tubes in Cad. Yellow and Violet
- Daler Rowney Aquafine Pocket Set
- Canson Sketch paper
- Canson NOT watercolor paper
- Fabriano Hot-press watercolor paper
- Grumbacher Masking Frisket
- Pilot Gold Marker (Extra-Fine & Medium)